The Juneau Montessori School (JMS) has been enriching the lives of Juneau families since 1985. We are a private, tuition-based non-profit school with a Board of Directors. Our school offers toddler to kindergarten programs serving children ages 18 months to 6 years of age. We employ the philosophy and teaching methods developed by Dr. Maria Montessori (1870-1952). JMS is a recognized school of the Association Montessori Internationale and an Alaska State Licensed childcare facility.
To help every child to reach their full potential through a Montessori education.
To positively shape the future by cultivating the next generation of inquisitive, independent, socially responsible young citizens.
- Safe, peaceful environments for children
- Implementation of an accredited Association Montessori Internationale program
- Diversity of families and staff and commitment to an anti-bias/anti-racist education framework
- Developmentally appropriate and culturally enriching practices
- Engaged children, parents, guardians, teachers, administrators, board members, and local community
Association Montessori International
“The Association Montessori International/USA (AMI/USA) is a national non-profit organization that upholds Dr. Maria Montessori’s original vision. As the Primary Operational Affiliate of the Association Montessori Internationale in the United States, AMI/USA oversees the school recognition and consultation program, conferences and events, the MES FUND, INC. and individual membership opportunities. AMI/USA supports the work of AMI training centers, Montessori parents, teachers, administrators, and schools.”